Monday, July 8, 2013

The Garden

Last Wednesday morning we headed to the Missouri Botanical Garden with Nonna.  This was not one of our best outings.  Max was upset we didn't ride the tram, can you imagine?  Will got tired and made Nonna carry him.  I know there were rough spots, but they had a lot of fun too.  Just take a look. . .

The Chihuly 'onions' were a big hit.  The kids thought they were very odd.

 
The whole purpose of our trip was to explore the Children's Garden -which is fabulous for anyone that hasn't been.  This little wagon was at the entrance and the kids were all excited to climb on it.  I tried explaining to them that this is how people used to travel, but they weren't too interested in my history lesson.
 

Will was so excited to see the waterfall when we first walked in.  It took all his little self control not to climb on those rocks and jump in.
 
Our little engineer to be was totally engrossed in controlling the water flow using all the different dams.  He was bound and determined to try every different combination of open and closed dams to see what would happen.
 

Jack enjoyed the trip too.  He is still a little bit small but we have started using the Ergo for some outings.  I forgot how much I loved this thing.  Best piece of baby gear ever! 
When we first left the garden I was a bit grumpy - it just wasn't our most fun outing - but now almost a week later I think we had a great time.  I don't think the kids will remember the crummy parts, but I do know that Will loved running and exploring and Max loved controlling the water.  All in all it wasn't the 'bust' that I initially thought, although I did learn some lessons about what I would do differently next time.
 
 
 

No comments: