Monday, July 29, 2013

Peach Picking

What an incredible day!  The boys and I packed up at 7:30 this morning and headed to pick up Aunt Carm.  Then we were on the road to Eckert's Farm.  From the tractor, to the orchard, to lunch, it was so much fun!  The boys were thrilled to eat the peaches right off the trees.  It was the only way we could keep Will from eating the ones that were on the ground. 



 Aunt Carm helped the boys to find the biggest and best red peaches from the trees.  I love that my boys love their Great Aunt as much as I do.  It warms my heart when I think of how many people love my boys. 
Will did take a little detour across the 'road' to peek at the corn.  I showed him how the ears grew - he just kept eating his peach.

 I love these little guys so much!  After we wrapped up in the orchard we enjoyed a yummy lunch in the restaurant before heading home.  I'm glad to say we didn't get lost on the way home.  Luckily for the boys the fun wasn't over yet.  We spent another three hours at Aunt Carm's house.  There was lots of catch and sidewalk chalk - I was amazed at Aunt Carm's sidewalk chalk skills.  I think the kids were too!

 Then I just had to throw in this one last picture.  This is the face that Will makes just about every time I take his picture.  Believe it or not, he is saying cheese.  I laughed out loud when I saw this one.  If you look closely you will see his battle wounds from our last few days together.  The little scab in between his eyes - that I picked off at Chipotle the other night thinking it was a black bean - and the cut on the upper right corner of his lip.  I'm sure there will be many trips to the emergency room in this little guys future - he has no fear.  In fact Brian has started calling him Will the Thrill :)


No comments: