Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Please and Thank You





Will's speech has grown by leaps and bounds lately.  He is just talking up a storm and it makes me smile.  Please and thank you are two of Will's favorite words.  He is one polite little man!  He doesn't have a version of 'yes' yet, so instead he says please.  For example this is a snippet of a conversation when we were coloring the other day. 
Mommy:  Will do you want to color?
Will: Please
Mommy:  Should we use crayons or makers?
Will:  Markers please.
Mommy gets out the makers. . . Will:  Thank you momma.
 
What makes these conversations even cuter is that his please sounds like 'peas' and his thank you comes out more like 'tank you'.  Life is getting easier around here as his communication skills improve and he is able to let us know what he wants or needs. He can ask me to open his marker, tell me he wants more milk, and he can always call out for his brothers.   

 I think my favorite phrases from Will as this point are when he runs to the garage door as he hears the garage door when Brian gets home.  He runs as fast as he can and yells over and over 'dada home, dada home'.  
My other favorite is 'mommy lolo please'.  I'm not sure how lolo translates into hold me, but for Will it does.  He makes it very clear by looking up at me with those big, beautiful, hazel eyes. I mean look at those eyes, how could anyone resist? It melts my heart.


No comments: