Wednesday, February 8, 2017

STEM Night

I know I've said it many times, but I just love our elementary school!  Two weeks ago we had the most incredible heritage festival.  Families from the school set up tables to teach the kids about their culture and heritage.  There were even performances of traditional songs and dances.  It was amazing - but I didn't get any pictures. 

Last week I was more on top of my game when I took the boys to STEM night.  They loved every minute!  I mean come on, who wouldn't love smashing a rose that had been dipped in liquid nitrogen?!

 The boys were able to hold bubbles filled with carbon dioxide.  A puff of smoke escpaed when they popped the bubble and they thought that was pertty darn cool.

Will loved checking blood pressure.  I was a little freaked out by the plastic arms all over the table.  He didn't seem bothered in the least.  Maybe medical school is in his future.
 Once we checked out all the science experiments were headed upstairs to see all the math games.  This part was tough for Will as most of the games are geared towards 2nd grade and up.  Max loved it and thought it was pretty neat playing these games against kids that were in high school.  Before I know it my baby will be one of the high school volunteers as this type of event!  It occurred to me yesterday that he is already more than halfway through elementary school.  Sometimes the days seem long, but the years sure fly by!

No comments: