Sunday, February 19, 2017

Valentine's Party - Max

It's so much fun to go to Max's parties.  I feel like I know so many of the kids now from all the parties over the years.  It makes me smile when some of the kids come up and say 'Hi, Max's Mom'.

 The craft included a cutout of his hand.  I love hand print crafts - they show just how much the kids grow!  It also showed me that Max has really big hands - they are almost as big as mine! 

I wasn't sure how my perfectionist boy would do with this paper plate on the head drawing activity.  I was proud that he thought it was funny and didn't get upset that his heart was all kinds of off.  The kids also did a couple relays and wow - those third graders get competetive!

I look at this pictures and I see just how big our boy is getting.  Before we know it he will be finished with third grade.  It makes me say to see him gorwin up so fast but at the same time, it sure it fun to watch him grow.

We love out big guy so much that it hurts.

I love the sprinkel of freckles across his nose - they are starting to show up already this year.
I love that he is willing to try new things - he is signed up for a golf training leauge in addition to baseball this summer.
I love the way his brain thinks - he is so clever!
I love when he gets excited about learning new things - like exponents.
I love seeing his creative side shine through - like with his MOSAICS createive congress project.
I love how helpful he is with is brothers - especially Jack.
I love how he really rises to the occasion with his behavior - Aunt Kathy watched the boys for us last night and she couldn't say enough positive things about how helpful Max was.
I love him - sometimes I think of how hard it was for us to become parents initially.  I shed so many tears as we tried and failed to have a child for years.  I now think that God knew exactly what he was doing.  We were waiting to become not just parents, but Max's parents.  It was worth the wait.

No comments: