Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Beautiful February Day

I had a coworker years ago that would talk about the February Funk.  In fact she and her husband threw a party to try to ward it off.  I think I get it now.  I miss the sun.  I'm tired of the cold.  It's a pain to go out nad about with coats, hats, and gloves in tow.

I'm convinced that God knows what he is doing and every once in a while he throws us a bone.  Yesterday was gorgeous.  65 degrees and clear skies kind of gorgeous. 


I was determined to take advantage of it!  After lunch Jack and I headed on an adventure to The World Bird Sanctuary.  It was the perfect outing.  I had taken the boys a few years ago, but it was  whole lot more enjoyable when I was focused just on Jack.  He checked out every bird and had a few favorites.  Like this turkey.  There were some strawberries and tomatoes in his cage and Jack kept telling him that he should eat the strawberries because they are yummy.


 The chickens were a big hit too.  He turned the handle for the food dispenser and they all came running out of their coop.  I felt pretty badly that I didn't have any quarters with me.  They were pretty disappointed, but Jack wasn't :)

 The biggest hit of all was the owls.  There was one horned owl that Jack totally bonded with.  Jack would hoot at the owl and the owl would hoot back.  It was the cutest thing ever!
I just love that smile so much.  We switched Jack's preschools after winter break and it feels like he is exactly where he needs to be.  I am so fortunate that I have the chance to spend my days with this little man. 

We finished off the beautiful day by picking up the brothers from school and heading to the playground.  We had to squeeze every last drop of joy out of that beautiful day.  After all, right now there are snow flurries flying around and the temp is only 29. 

No comments: