Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Columbus Day Parade

I haven't been to a Columbus Day parade in years!  My cousin, Aurelio, suggested we meet up at Uncle Mel's house and check it out.  I have to say it was a pretty awesome day - although it could have been about 20 degrees cooler. 

I remember having generic tootsie rolls thrown at me during this parade years ago, so we were prepared with bags.  I will admit that we were super early and the kids were pretty much over it before it even began.

 That quickly changed as soon as the parade started.  They all LOVED it!!!!  There was so much candy thrown that the boys just couldn't keep up catching it.  And this guy here just smiled from ear to ear the entire time.  Max has been super interested in cars for a few months now.  He was in car heaven!  Rather than chasing candy he chased cars - and had me take pictures of him with all of them.  It was seriously adorable.  I loved watching how much he loved it. 
 I have 8 million pictures on my phone of Max wearing a huge grin with a fancy car in the background - and he can tell you what every car it.  I on the other hand have no idea!

This picture makes me smile.  My Uncle Vince lived upstairs at Uncle Mel's old house.  He came out for a bit to watch the parade with all of my.  My sweet mom asked me to take a picture of her and her little brother.  He was in an accident and passed away on October 29th.  I'm so grateful mom asked me to take this picture. 

No comments: