Friday, May 17, 2019

Fishing Day and Dash Day

 Field trips #3 and #4 were with the big 5th grader!  He had fishing day and dash day the last two Fridays.  Both outings were pretty much the entire day and he had a great time!

 I met them out at  Busch Wildlife for the fun.  It was a chilly morning!  I should have worn a heavy coat and I felt awful for sending Max in shorts - although he didn't seem to be bothered at all. 

 The kids had lots of fun activities to do.  Dredging, fishing, water sampling and even a scavenger hunt.  I worked the water sampling table, but I'll admit to being the worst volunteer ever :)


 Today was the final trip - to Vetta for Dash Day.  The kids basically go to play all day.  I don't think Max left the soccer field other than to take a break for lunch. 

 I can't believe this guy is almost done with elementary school.  I still see the preschool that brought meow meow to school every day for nap time.  He is growing up so quickly!

No comments: