Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Mommy's Half Marathon

So this isn't kid related, but this picture is too cute not to post.

I ran my very first half marathon on Sunday, October 16th.  The boys knew that I had set a goal and that I had been training - a lot - to make sure I met my goal.  The race began and ended downtown.  I knew it would be crazy, so I told Brian to skip the finish line and meet me at the garden instead.  This was almost 8 miles in and I was so ridiculously excited to see all of my boys that I sprinted away from my friend with tears in my eyes.  Their hugs gave me the energy to power through and meet my goal of running the entire 13.1 miles.  This was the Rock N Roll half, and Brian dressed the boys appropriately - Jack's shirt says My Mom Rocks, and Will's says 2 Fast 2 Catch :)

I hope my boys belie that you can do anything you set your mind to, you just have to work for it!

No comments: