Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Chess Tournament

I really need to catch up on my blogging!  I thought I would have so much time after the boys all went back to school. It sure doesn't feel like it!


Here is a quick summer catch up post.  At the end of July Max participated in his very first chess tournament.  We had other things going on that day too, but Grandpa Jack was kind enough to offer to take him.  It was a whole day ordeal and we were able to go down for a portion of the fun.

 Max played four matches.  He won two and lost two.  We were all pretty happy about that.  He really enjoyed it and is already talking about signing up for another.  The chess club holds them monthly, but with two boys playing soccer this season our Saturdays are crazy busy!


 While Max and grandpa finished up at the chess tournament Brian and I took the little boys to the park.  It was a gorgeous day and I think they had just a little bit of fun :)

 Watching my boys play on the playground is one of the very best parts of parenthood.  They have so much fun and the joy that shines from them is contagious.

No comments: