Saturday, October 5, 2013

Halloween Bash

Tonight we had fun at the third annual Mattera Halloween party.  All day long Max counted down the hours, literally, until hte party started.  He just couldn't wait.  I mean he would get to be Spiderman, eat marshmellows, and play with Chase and Jacob.  How could it get any better?  I'm happy to say that the rain - mostly - held out and the evening lived up to all of Max's great expectations. 



 
And look at that smile.  Not one, not two, but three teeth missing.  He lost one before school on Friday.  Then he lost the second at school that same day.  Saturday night he was trying to be sneaky and climb in our bed.  It was pitch black and he smacked his mouth on our foot board.  He cried like crazy, there was lots of blood, and he spit out a tooth.  The tooth brought the crying to an end and made everything okay.  Although he did leave quite a gouge in our bed. . .


Will had so much fun at the party trying to keep up with the big boys.  He looked SOOOOOO cute in his lion costume!  One of his favorite books is Goodnight Gorilla.  We read it everyday and he loves the lion in the book.  When I asked what he wanted to be for Halloween he told me a lion.  Perfect, I thought,  I can do this.  I'm pretty darn proud of how it turned out and I'm even happier that he actually wore it.  In fact he didn't want to take it off to eat. 
 
 
All three boys looked so cute!  I just love the little hat Jack is wearing.  It was a present from one of the ladies in my book club.  Along with a first Halloween onsie, he was set.  Max chose to be Spiderman.  He was pretty disappointed when we bought his costume because he realized that it wasn't going to shot real webs. 
 

 My sweet baby Jack was his typical adorable self.  He was happy to be passed from one person to the next so that everyone could get just a bit of a cute baby fix.
 All the roaring and running around wore out our little lion too.  He was happy to have daddy 'lolo' him so he could suck his thumb and regain a bit of energy to chase the big boys again.

I never really cared too much about Halloween, but now with these adorable boys it is becoming one of my favorite times of the year.  The weather is nice and there are a million and one fun family events to take the kids too.  I look up things to do while I nurse Jack.  Brian swears I have sent him links about about 12 different fall outings :)  Up next, the pumpkin patch tomorrow as long as the weather cooperates.

No comments: