Saturday, October 12, 2013

Outdoor Men

My boys all love being outdoors.  Poor Jack was super cranky all day Friday.  He didn't want to eat, he didn't want to play, he didn't want to be held.  He pretty much was the crankiest I have seen him.  In all honesty it wasn't really that bad.  He is such a sweetheart of a baby that any crankiness that I can't solve in a matter of seconds is unusual. 

After Will woke up from his nap I decided we all needed to go outside to enjoy the weather.  Before I knew it Jack was all smiles.  He just looked all around and took it all in.  The tree in our front yard are turning a beautiful yellow and I think he liked looking up at them from the comfort of his quilt.  He barely took his hands out of his mouth.  I even sent this picture to Nonna and Nonno saying that poor Jack was thinking 'stupid teeth'.  Sure enough last night I realized that Jack's bottom right tooth has broken through the gum.  It wasn't there in the morning and it still has a ways to go, but at least it is through the gum.  Hopefully our littlest man can get some relief.

Before we knew it the time had come to head down to get Max from the bus.  Most days our walk is pretty fun.  Like I said the boys love to be outside.  Sometimes Will is all worn out before we make it back home - after all it's a long walk to the corner for short little two year old legs.  Most of the time on the return trip Will demands that I 'lolo' him.  Which means hold in will speak.  This is actually pretty funny because he will say the word hold correctly when we are talking about Jack, but any time he wants to me held it is 'lolo'.  I'm going to be sad when he asks to me to 'hold' him.

Yesterday he was full of energy and he made it almost all the way home.  In fact he was so full of energy that he insisted on hugging every tree we passed.  It was pretty darn cute!

No comments: