Thursday, August 8, 2013

Painting Paw


We are huge fans of the St. Louis County library.  The boys and I are there weekly to pick out new books and they have pretty great story time options.  Max and Will both finished up their summer reading program this past week.  I have to say we have been a bit disappointed with the library prizes this year.  The first level was a one inch plastic stingray stuck in a block of plaster that he had to dig out.  The second level was a three foot beach ball and the third level was a ticket to the Magic House.  I think the library is responsible for sending a maid to clean up the plaster dust, sending a person to blow up the giant beach ball, and providing supervision for my wild men while at the Magic House.  Somehow that part didn't happen.  I guess I shouldn't be picky, but last years prizes were great.





This morning we headed to the Painting Paw pottery studio to redeem one of Max's library prizes.    Max did get a coupon to paint a tile for free, so we met a friend and her little girl over at the pottery studio this morning.  There were two of us with five crazy kiddos and it was so much fun!  Both Will and Max did a great job painting their tiles, who knows what they will look like when we pick them up next week. 

It was the perfect craft project and just took about 40 minutes.  Right when the kids were about to melt down we were finished.  I think we may return at Christmas because they had some really cute little ornaments to paint. 

After the spectacular tiles were finished we crossed to road to enjoy a Chick-fil-A lunch.  The kids just loved that they had so much time to play on the indoor playground because it was pouring! 

Today is the day I would have gone back to work had I not taken a year off.  It is finally sinking in that I'm officially a stay at home mom.  I'm so glad that my good friend Jothy is home with her kiddos too.  We can help to keep each other sane with more outings like today.  So much fun!

No comments: