Monday, August 12, 2013

Last Day of Summer

Today was Max's last day of summer vacation.  Tomorrow he wakes up a kindergartener . . . this makes mama want to cry.  But moving on, we had a great last day of vacation today. We picked up Nonna and headed to the zoo. 
   
 

Every time we check out a different section, after riding the train of course.  Today it was the sea lions.  The boys, Nonna and I enjoyed watching the sea lions swim all around.  Jack and Will were worn out by that point, but Max just couldn't get enough.  He thought it was pretty crazy that they swam upside down.

We picked up lunch and headed back to Nonna's house.  While the little boys rested, Max, Nonna and I baked oatmeal cookies.  Yum.  They alwasys remind me of baking with my grandma when I was little.  It warms my heart to watch my boys with their Nonna.  So sweet.  Anyway, Max was a bit dissapointed in the cookies and declared that we should have made chocolate chip cookies instead.  Oh well, at least Will liekd them when he woke up.

Tomorrow my baby heads off to Kindergarten.  I really can't believe it, time just needs to slow down

No comments: