Monday, August 19, 2013

Our Kindergartener

 I just don't see how it is possible that Max started Kindergarten last Tuesday.  He was all smiles before and after school so I will take that as a huge success.  

My plan was to have him take the bus the first day, then Brian told him how he remembers his mom always driving him to school the first day.  So I loaded up all three boys and we headed over to Henry Elementary.  As we pulled up Max started yelling from the back seat, "Hey, there is my teacher from Claymont!"  He was thrilled to see his jumpstart teacher and I was thrilled that he had a familiar face.  Max hoped out of the car and she helped to make sure he got to the right place. 

I looked at the clock all day long and wondered what Max was up to.  I couldn't wait for the little boys and I do head to the bus stop to pick him up.  In fact I was so eager that we were at hte corner almost 15 minutes early.  Seeing his huge smile as he got off the bus let me know he had a great day.  So far we have a week under our belt and there have been a whole lot of those smiles. 


No comments: