Monday, July 10, 2017

Max and his Cello



Today has been highlighted on the calendar for a month. 
 Max is signed up for strings camp through our school district so I told him we could get his cello this week.  I let him pick the day, and of course it was the first day of the week.  

We were at the shop first thing this morning.  The shop is an adorable little locally owned place.  The owner took his time fitting Max for his instrument and making sure he had all the supplies he needed to become a concert cellist.

 He looked on so intently as the gentleman explained how to hold the bow - I guess it is slightly different from the violin which is what Max played this year.



 He got to pick out his stopper, his cleaning cloth, and his name tag.  I was all confused - but Max really knew what the owner was talking about.

Our little musician is all ready for strings camp.  I love how much he enjoyed strings this past year and I can't wait to see him fall in love with the cello!  I hope that bad boy isn't too big to haul on the bus twice a week!

No comments: