Wednesday, September 7, 2016

First Day of Preschool

I just cannot.  I mean seriously.  Who is this little boy and what has he done with my baby!!

Jack had his first day of preschool on Tuesday at the same school Will attended.  In fact he even has the same teacher!  



 For a while now we have been talking about Jack going to school.  Whenever we would ask him he would just say that Jack says no.  He wasn't wild about the idea.  After the open house last week he started to warm up to the idea.  I kept showing him pictures of himself playing in his classroom and laughing with his teacher.



Tuesday morning when I asked him about school he told me that he would play with the red truck and yellow car and that they would go super fast down the ramp.  Progress :)


Then the big moment arrived.   He was hesitant as we got in the car to head to school.  Luckily it was his turn to bring snack for the class and he was all excited about this giant bag of Pirate's Booty.  So excited that he wouldn't move it for me to take a picture.We walked in and he was good until I went to leave. Then he just kept yelling "wait, wait, Mommy!".  I told him I would be back at 11:30 and left. 

Before I was out of the building I was in tears.  He is my baby.  I'm not ready for him to be out in the big bad world yet.  I enjoy him and I love our time together.  I made sure he didn't see me cry, but it was rough.


A little bit after I left I got this picture from the director.  Jack was doing just fine.  It is going to be an adjustment.  He is used to doing what he wants when he wants.  But I know that he is ready and he will do great, so I will let go of my baby.  Just a little bit.


 

No comments: