Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Christmas Traditions


Everything is so much more fun with the kids.  I found a pattern for a quilted advent traditions project several years ago.  I bought the fabric and started it before I got pregnant with Jack.  Let's just say it was not a fun project - oh my how I dislike applique work.  I pulled it out last fall and finally finished it up just in time last year.  I hung it up when Max was at school yesterday and he was all excited when he came home.

The idea is that for each day there is a little something to do to get us into the holiday spirit.  Yesterday we had to read The Elf on the Shelf to see if our little friend, Elfie, would return again.  Bright and early this morning the boys burst into our room and told us that the magic worked and Elfie returned.  Max also told me that I didn't put anything in the number two yet.  Only two days in and I'm behind.  I need to work on that.

So while Max was at school I prepared for a few days worth of activities.  This afternoon when he came home he ran right over to see what was in number two.  It said to hang Christmas lights outside.  The boys loved it.  Max was so proud of the finished product that he did face time with Nonna and ran outside to show her.  It was so fun to see how excited the boys were just to throw a few strands of lights on the house.

Tomorrow we put up the nativity!

No comments: