Saturday, October 3, 2015

Max the Soccer Player

With two boys playing soccer this fall our weeks have been jam packed with practices and our weekends full of games.  We usually have to divide up to get everyone where they need to be, but today was pretty special because we were all able to cheer on our very favorite second grader.  Even Nonna and Nonno came out to celebrate!


Will and Jack had lots of fun snuggled up under the blankets with Nonna and Nonno.  Of course Will didn't want to have his picture taken.


I'm glad that Jack will still smile for the camera! I have to admit it was freezing out there!  Fall has come in full force and that wind was brutal!  Luckily Nonna was smart enough to bring blankets.



 Jack really didn't seem to mind the wind.  He was happy in his Handy Manny chair with his blanket.  I tried to convince him to snuggle on my lap - I was underdressed and freezing - but he wasn't having it.

 Max had two games last weekend and I think that was a bit much for him.  Today he did a better job.  Little by little the boys are developing some skills and they play real positions now rather than just chase the ball in a herd. No matter the outcome I love to watch Max play!  It warms my heart when I know he is giving it his very best effort - even if he isn't the best one out there.

Many things come easily to Max, soccer isn't necessarily one of them.  We want him to understand that no matter what he has to try to best.  It doesn't matter if your team is losing or winning, if you are the best player or the worst.  You always give you best effort.

No comments: