Saturday, October 24, 2015

Halloween Bash


Just like the last few years Great Aunt Carm and Great Uncle Mike threw a spectacular Halloween party tonight.  The kids had so much fun!

Well Jack had fun when he wasn't being forced into his lion costume.  He was not a fan and pretty much couldn't wait to get it off.  I considered myself fortunate that I got to dress Will and Max and not Jack.  It was rough.
But he looked so stinkin cute!

Will continues to love all things Octonauts.  For months he has talked about being Captain Barnacles for Halloween.  I will admit there were several rough moments in the making of this costume - including promises that I will never make another costume ever again - but he loved it.  He was so excited to dress as his favorite character.  It made all the work worthwhile.



Max loves Mario.  For a month he wanted to be Bowser.  I was totally overwhelmed by the idea of making  a Bowser costume.  It was crazy.  So after some additional searches we found this.  Max fell in love with it and so did all the other kids at the party.  


 There were three other kids at the party - the sort of cousins.  All five of the big kids played so well together.  These two cracked everyone up.  They were holding hands and she was telling Will exactly what he should be doing.  He listens to her better than he ever listens to me :)



 These two oldest boys would have played in the backyard all night - in fact I think they pretty much did.  Throw in one more boy that I didn't get a picture of and they were in elementary school boy heaven.

 While Jack did play with the bigger kids some, no one measures up to the Nonna.

I'm not sure why everyone is leaning, but there is a whole lot of love in this picture!

 Last but not least here are the hosts with the most!  I'm so lucky to have these two amazing people in my family.  I'm even more lucky that my boys are getting to know and lvoe them as well.  In fact Will sent Great Uncle Mike a letter just the other day - it may have just been a couple strips ripped from a coloring book, but it's the thought that counts right?  Great Aunt Carm has one in the mail too.



No comments: