Saturday, October 31, 2015

Happy Halloween!

As I type our little lion is sleeping upstairs while Daddy, Captain Barnacles, and Mario riding Yoshi are still out trick or treating.  It has been a pretty great holiday!

We started out with pumpkin carving last night.  This was not my finest hour.  The kids wanted to make Mario pumpkins and it just wasn't pretty.  I may have gotten a bit frustrated but the kids had a great time.

 This is a total Daddy activity.  There are big knives involved and Mommy gets stressed.  I need to hit the sales to buy one of those kid safe carving kits for next year.

 Once Daddy cut off the tops it was time to get our hands dirty!  Max was a little cautious at first but he got it done.  Will and Jack weren't too sure.  Jack giggled but barely watned to touch it.  Will announced that "I'm glad I didn't touch that with my sucking thumb!"

 Max did a great job using the knife to cut the Mario outline on his pumpkin.  Mom and Dad did the hard core cutting.

 I have to admit that the finished product turned out pretty well.  The boys were excited about them.


 Before we headed out for trick or treating we all stopped at Grandma and Grandpa's for a visit.  Even Cali the dog got in on the Halloween picture action!


No comments: