Sunday, November 6, 2011

Six Month Check Up

I had the day off on Friday, so we headed to the pediatrician for Will's six month check up. We were just a tad bit late, but hey it's tough to get to the doctor when you work full time! I was glad to hear that Will is growing just as should be expected. He weighed in at 17 lb 8 oz - 55th percentile - and measured 26 3/4 inches long - 70th percentile. His growth has slowed down a bit, but that is to be expected at this point, especially for a breastfed baby.

Will's spending lots of time focusing on his fine motor skills. He passes toys from one had to another - often stopping at his mouth in between. I'm also loving the amount of babble we are hearing from our littlest bit. He just jibber jabbers like crazy and it makes us so incredibly happy! He rolls like crazy to his tummy, but still won't roll back. I asked the doctor about it and he isn't the least bit concerned since Will obviously has the core strength that he wants to see in a six month old. Every day he gets better and better at sitting up. He can now sit and play with a toy at the same time - although he doesn't last too long.

By far the highlight of the check up was getting the green light to start solids. We are going to start out slowly so we did just a little bit of rice cereal yesterday. He loved it! He opened his cute little mouth of his. He even seemed to swallow some of what was offered - although a big majority of it ended up on his face and clothing - I guess this is to be expected. I'm sure he will improve with practice. In a few days we will add squash to Will's new diet. I'm pretty proud to say that I actually baked the squash and made him a batch of baby food yesterday. I felt so domestic! We'll see if it lasts. . .

No comments: