Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Five Months Old

We celebrated five months of Will by bringing the exersaucer up from the basement. The exersaucer was one of Max's favorite things. Tonight we had dinner on the porch and Will hung out in the exersaucer while we ate. He loved it! Will's little hands couldn't move fast enough. He just loved making sounds and couldn't get enough. His favorite part was that big brother, Max was right there showing him how it works.

There are times when I feel like I'm not giving Will all that I was able to give Max. Life as a working mom of two little kids is crazy to say the least. I feel like I'm constantly trying to catch up things; catch up on lesson plans, catch up on grading, catch up on housework, catch up on laundry, catch up on time with my boys, catch up on my blogging. . . the list goes on and on. I don't remember feeling quite this stressed going back to work after Max was born. I don't know how it is possible but twice the kids means about ten times the work. The good thing is that the flip side is also true. Our house is full of ten times the fun and ten times the love. While Will does have to share mommy and daddy more than Max did at this age he has something Max didn't have - a big brother. From the way Will is looking up, totally enamored, at Max I think the trade off is worth it.

1 comment:

Love+ Mama said...

Oh how I know those feelings! I'm constantly behind and finally decided to just accept it and play with the boys more!