Monday, June 29, 2009

Going to the Zoo



Just like Raffi sings on Max's CD, we were Going to the Zoo today. I recruited 'Aunt' Anna to join us for a fun morning at the zoo. We were there bright and early to take advantage of the free hour. They have a temporary exhibit that allows the kids to pet sting rays. Max wasn't too sure. He liked putting his hand in the water, but he wasn't wild about these crazy things swimming around.





We also were able to go to the children's zoo. Max wasn't so sure about the goats. He touched them, but he wasn't wild about it. Doesn't Max look too cute in his little Cardinals hat?



He loved looking at the fish in the underwater exhibit. He was so enthralled that he didn't notice that mommy was out of his sight for a bit.



The River's Edge is always one of my favorite parts of the zoo. Who doesn't love the hippos and the elephants. If you look really closely you can even see a couple elephants in the background for this picture.


We finished up our morning with a ride on the train. I have to say that I remember the train ride being much longer. I'm still not convinced it was worth $10. Max did seem to enjoy it. Now I need to think of some other morning activities for us to do for the rest of the summer. I love being a teacher!

No comments: