Thursday, October 4, 2018

Hilton Head Adventures

Brian's parents were generous enough to gift us a week at their time share on Hilton Head Island.  We packed up the van in July for the long drive.  Always the planner, Brian had found a couple activities he couldn't wait to try out.  First up was a catamaran adventure through the bay.  We arrived at the marina all ready to go.  I was, as always, a nervous wreck.  Jack was exhausted and wanted nothing to do with anyone.  The big boys couldn't wait!


I about had a panic attack when I realized there were no seat belts - we were so close to the water I was sure someone would fall out! 

We boarded these zippy little two person catamarans.  Max had the added bonus of riding with the guide since we had an odd number in our party.   



Our guided led us like little ducks on a two hour ride.  We saw several pods of dolphins - we even saw a few babies! 

I was terrified the entire time, but everyone else just loved it! Jack kept telling me to go faster and faster.  It was a great way to explore the waterways between the island and the mainland.  I don't think I need to do it again, but I'm glad we did it once.




 I'm glad I wasn't present for adventure number two - parasailing.  Friends from home were in Hilton Head the same time as us.  One of them joined Max, William, and Brian for a parasailing adventure. 

William and Max were actually able to go up twice on the ride.  Max wasn't so sure at first, but by the end of the ride both boys were having the time of their lives. 



 Brian just kept saying how tiny the boat looked and how high they were.  I think he was shocked they were that high. 
Max and WIlliam would do it again in a heartbeat - Brian not so much :)

No comments: