Sunday, June 4, 2017

The Zoo


I had a challenge for the boys on their very first day of summer vacation - prove to me that you can listen well enough for me to take all three of you on an adventure by myself.  Don't get me wrong, we don't sit at home.  I'll take all three boys to the library, park, store etc by myself - I just avoid the big adventures when I'm alone. 

I have to admit that it went really well!  We explored the children's zoo, rode the train, checked out the snake house and even saw the big cats.  Our visit lasted about three hours and everyone - including me - left with a smile on their face.  These are the times when I appreciate that everyone is getting just a little bit older. 

Brian had a lot for work to do today and William wanted to go to the pool.  I told him I couldn't take everyone by myself and he quickly reminded me that they passed the test when we went to the zoo so I can't take them everywhere on my own.  Unfortunately for William a storm rolled through this afternoon so no pool time.

No comments: