Friday, June 9, 2017

A Week in Pictures

Wow.  That was a crazy one.  The big boys started summer school this week - they are loving it!  That means every morning I dropped them off at 8:00.  Then Jack and I tried to get some things accomplished before we walked the dog,  had an early lunch, packed a lunch for the big boys to eat in the car and picked them up at noon.  Then we were off to chess camp for Max.  It was a bit of a drive from home, so the little boys and I spent three hours exploring before picking Max up again at 4:00 and battling traffic back home.  I don't think I have cooked dinner all week.  Thank goodness for rotisserie chickens at Costco.

So here are a few pictures to document the craziness. . .

Taking turns paying the parking meter.  It is pretty sad when you put $0.50 on your credit card - but I loved that I wasn't always worried about having coins.

Meeting the head of the chess camp the first day.
Jack and Mommy killing time at a park while the van got an oil change - this was the morning after we were at the dr for him for three hours.  My poor baby has walking pneumonia.  Hopefully the current antibiotic - our third -  will do the trick.
He has had this awful cough for a really long time now, but luckily he has no other symptoms and is acting totally normal.  If the cough isn't gone by Tuesday we are off to a pulmenologist.  He told me in the car "Mommy, my really bad cough won't leave my body" :(
Wednesday we explored the Kids Clubhouse at the history museum.  It was empty!  The kids must have played with these magnetic blocks for at least an hour.  

 They also spent about 5 minutes fishing. . .
 And the remainder of our time honking the ships horn - or fighting over whose turn it was to honk the horn.


 A little snack and we were off to the jewel box.

 They loved looking at the ponds outside.  There were tons of tadpoles - I explained that they would grow into frogs and now they want to come back and see 'their tadpoles' when they are frogs.


They weren't as excited about the inside.  

Thursday afternoon we helped do some yard work at nonna's house.  We met dad at Max's baseball game.  Before I took the little boys home Brian snapped this little gem.

Today we ended up at another new park and the boys were able to entertain themselves for a bit.  I think this was the third new park we explored this week.  We also explored a new to us library - but there are no pics and that one got a big thumbs down from everyone.

For the next two weeks the big boys continue summer school and Jack is attending a local day camp in the mornings.  That means I will have a couple hours to myself each day.  It feels like the best birthday present ever :)

I love by boys so much, and we have really had two fabulous weeks of summer vacation together - but I'm ready for just a little bit of mommy time.


No comments: