Monday, December 5, 2016

Gardenland Express


Brian's company had a corporate day at the garden - which meant free admission to the Gardenland Express.  The price was perfect for him, because I'll admit while I love going, it is a lot of money for an hour of entertainment.

Every year the train exhibit has a theme.  This year it was organized around plants and buildings from different continents.  It was way better than the food theme from last year.  As always they had a scavenger hunt that the boys absolutely loved!




They big boys were very serious scavengers - Jack just smiled looking at the trains. His very favorite train was the silver amtrak.

 As always, the flowers were just beautiful.  They had a whole movie about how they grow these gorgeous poinsettias and I found it fascinating.

 Nonna and Nonno joined us, which made the whole thing even more fun.  I told Jack to go get Nonno at one point and he ran over to him with such excitement he almost fell over.  It was pretty darn sweet.



 I think we have gotten our money's worth out of this sweater Jack is wearing.  All three boys have worn it and I'm sad that they are growing so fast and I don't have a little boy to wear it next year.

I enjoy our family so much.  The years are just flying by.  Max is already to my shoulder and I realize that before I know it he will be a teen and how think a scavenger hunt at the garden is so much fun.  I'll just enjoy the present with them, because it truly is a gift.  Even if that is a ridiculously cheesy saying :)

No comments: