Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Warren Dune State Park

Our first full day in Michigan was spent at Warren Dunes State Park.  I'll admit the monster sand dune made me crazy nervous, but the boys loved it!

 These pictures don't do the scene justice.  That is a 700 ft sand dune right there.  It was massive!  Brian and I took one look and said no way.  Max and Will took one look and said we can do it!

And they did.  That tiny tiny little thing up at the top?  Yeah, that's Max.  Will made it all the way too.  Brian and I were amazed.  I was also worried when I didn't see them come right back down. 

We had heard a couple horror stories about sand dunes swallowing children whole when they were right next to their parents.  Here I was at the bottom while my boys were at the top.  I decided to go get them.  Luckily they reappeared and met me halfway up.





 After the climb we headed across the parking lot to the beach.  It was beautiful!  The water just goes on and on.  Will just wanted to hang out and float int he water.  










The beach was beautiful, but it was also pretty rocky where the water met the beach.  Once you got past the  five feet of rocks, it was smooth.  Jack found the rocks fascinating.  He just loved finding all different colors and telling me all about them.

Max cracked me up with his beach dares.  "Dare me to dump this water on my head?"

"Yep, we dare you!"


Max wins - with a huge grin on his face.

Rocks and all we had a fabulous first vacation day!

No comments: