Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Blueberries of Indiana

After a fun filled weekend with the cousins we loaded up once again and headed to Michigan for some relaxing family time.  It was exactly what we needed!  Brian hadn't been feeling well, so a few days at the beach was just what the doctor ordered.

Before we even made it to Michigan we stopped to pick some blueberries.  Brian and I don't really even like blueberries that much, but we often talk about how delicious they were on our last trip to Michigan!   They were just as amazing as we remember!

We headed out toward the yellow balloon to find our perfect berries.  Jack was super excited when we made it to the yellow balloon. He just kept jumping up and down and yelling that we made it, we made it!


Will was a pretty good picker.  He was slow because he wanted to check out every blueberry to make sure it was just right.  It also didn't help that he ate at least two for every one that went into his bucket.


Max doesn't even like blueberries, but as always he took his role very seriously and wanted to do the best job possible.

 Then we had this guy wandering around.  I don't think he picked a single blueberry.  I do know that he ate more than the rest of us combined.  I didn't have a bucket, so I would put all my berries in his bucket as I picked.  At one point Jack told me that his bucket was empty and he needed more berries - he was eating them faster than I could pick them.

But he looked so darn cute doing it, that I couldn't be mad :)


 Brian may not have been feeling his best, but he was excited for some blueberries any way.  He is such a ham.  I sometimes wonder where William gets his sense of humor - I really don't need to wonder much.

After an hour of fun in the orchard, we had only 1.8 lbs of blueberries to show for it - although I think there was probably another pound in Jack's tummy.

No comments: