Tuesday, August 16, 2016

First Day of School

Last Wednesday, August 10th the big boys started school.  Crazy early I know.  I can't believe that the day had come.  We really had a great summer together and I was a bit sad about my boys being gone all day, but we knew they would learn and have lots of fun!

How is it possible that this spunky, clever little man is going to Kindergarten!  I swear he was just a newborn.

 And then there is this giant third grader - who really wasn't into pictures.  He is officially more than halfway through elementary school.  It makes my heart hurt a bit to think like that.

I had asked the boys if they wanted to ride the bus or if they wanted me to drive them to school the first day.  They both voted for mom to drive.  We had to park in the neighborhood because of all the construction, but they didn't mind in the least.  Will was determined to get to school as quickly as possible!

 In fact Will was so fast that we had to wait outside for another ten minutes before we could enter the school!
Poor Jack missed his brothers greatly.  He kept asking when they would come home.  I'll admit to being crazy early at the bus stop.  We just couldn't wait to see them!  
 Both boys got off the bus wearing huge grins and said that they loved school.  Max's favorite part was that they have the last lunch period, which means they can have seconds on restaurant pizza  Will's favorite part was that there are Bernstein bear books in his classroom library!

Dad had a meeting for scouts after work, but Nonna came out and we all celebrated with dinner at their favorite restaurant.  The boys had perfect behavior and it was a pure joy to eat and hear all about their fabulous first day of school.  It couldn't have been a better day!

No comments: