Thursday, August 13, 2015

Hello 2nd Grader!

Yep.  The time has come for Max to head back to school.  In fact yesterday was his very first day of second grade.

The last week of summer vacation was a bit rough on the momma over here.  The gym was closed so there wasn't even that break a few times a week.  I was at my wits end and thought that I wouldn't be able to wait for Max to go back.

Yesterday morning that wasn't the case.  I was sad to see him off to school and I counted down all day until we could walk to the bus stop.  I just couldn't wait to see Max again.  We all really missed him!

We were so excited to see Max that we got to the bus stop about 15 minutes early.  Unfortunately, the bus wasn't early.  In fact it was 40 minutes later.  So the boys and I had to stand on the corner and entertain ourselves for a really long time.  Thank goodness for the wagon, hats that play peek a boo, and grass that can be rolled in.



 We were all ridiculously excited to see the bus finally pull up!


I was so happy to see this big guy!  He said second grade was pretty great.  It also hit me that when I was teaching I spent two years with second graders.  My baby is as old as those little people I taught.  My very first class just started their senior year in high school.  I can't blink because that will be Max!

No comments: