Monday, December 1, 2014

Gardenland Express

The past few years we have taken time out the day before Thanksgiving to visit the Gardenland Express exhibit.  This year we went the day after :)  This train and flower exhibit is one of my favorite holiday outings.

It was so much fun!  Last year was all food related - and it was a bit lame.  This year was so much better!  They focused on changes in the garden over time.  There were lots of pictures from long ago compared to today.  I even think Max got a bit of a history lesson out of the whole thing.

 As in years past there was a scavenger hunt for the kids to complete.  Both Will and Max took this task very seriously.

I feel like Max is just looking so grown up lately.  I'm going to blink and he will be in high school and driving.
 
 Jack has so much fun exploring everything!  It was tough to try to keep him from pulling the flowers, but he just couldn't contain his excitement.  I just love those big blue eyes and that wild, pin straight, super fine hair of his.

When Nonna is around he wants nothing to do with me.  On Friday that love extended over to Nonno too.  Jack was pointing out all kinds of things to his Nonno and jibber jabbering away about it all.
 
 
 Then there was our man in the middle.  As I mentioned, he took his scavenger hunt task very seriously.  So seriously that he refused to let me take his picture. 

 Whenever I tried I ended up with something like this.  Which was actually pretty cute because he would just laugh and laugh.


We tried to get a shot of all three boys, I guess I will have to settle for this.  Aren't they just too sweet!  I love them to pieces!
 I love the holidays, it is such a joyful time of the year and there are so many fun things to do!  Tonight we read the Elf of the Shelf before bed.  I think our little Elfie may return from the north pole to keep an eye on the boys.  We did this last year and it was so much fun!  I can't wait until the boys wake up in the morning to see if Elfie returned.
 
 

No comments: