Tuesday, September 2, 2014

First Day of Preschool!

Wow.  I just can't believe this little one is old enough for preschool.

 We have been talking about it for weeks and last Wednesday he and I headed over to meet his teachers and see his classroom.  He was super excited this morning when he posed for some pictures - and of course he had to include his special book bag.



 
Since today was the first day I walked him into his classroom.  His teachers seem so nice and he was off exploring right away.  He seemed so at home.  I walked over to give him a kiss and tell him goodbye and the poor little guy just lost it.  He didn't want me to leave.  It was awful!  The teacher had to pry him off of my leg so I could leave.  I really wasn't expecting any tears from him so I was surprise - and I may have shed a tear or two myself. I am happy to say it didn't last long.  About ten minutes after I left his teacher sent me a text with a picture of him riding a scooter and flashing a huge grin.  Not a tear in sight.  Will was all smiles when I picked him up and he can't wait to head back on Thursday!


No comments: