Friday, November 23, 2012

Thanksgiving Preparations

On Wednesday the kids and I headed over to help Nonna prepare for Thanksgiving dinner.  In between prepping potatoes, baking pies, and dealing with a minor plumbing emergency, we squeezed in time to enjoy a little holiday fun - the Gardenland Express the the Garden.

Max and Nonna worked hard to find all the items on the scavenger hunt list.  I think the Santa was the toughest.  Trying to find a two inch Santa in midst of the beautiful exhibit was a challenge. 

Of course Max was thrilled to see all of the trains.  He ran from one train to the next getting more and more excited.  He was also getting more and more frustrated as Mommy tried to take his pictures.  I have a bunch with faces similar to this.  Someday I will get nice genuine smiles from my biggest man again.

Will seemed to enjoy the outing as well, although only if he was in the safety of his stroller and his blanket.  He got a bit overwhelmed when I tried to get him out of the stroller.  There were a lot of people around!

It was a great way to jump start our holiday season.  I just love this time of year, and with the boys it is even more fun!

No comments: