Sunday, September 9, 2012

Apple Picking

As I look back at this blog I notice that this weekend every year we go to pick apples. This year is no different. It was a gorgeous day! Not too hot, beautiful blue skies, not too cool. The perfect kind of day that doesn't happen too often around here.

The kids had a great time. It wasn't until Will dug into his apple that I realized I haven't given him any apples yet. Today was his very first taste, and he couldn't get enough. In fact, if I wasn't watching close enough he would try to pick up the gross apples off the ground and eat them.

Max loved it too. As he ate his breakfast this morning he told me he had 'a idea'. The whole family should go pick apples. I didn't burst his bubble and tell him that was the plan the whole time. He was so proud that he was the one to come up with the idea. I love this picture of Max. He is just looking so grown up. I can't believe he is nearly four and a half. Max was super into the tractors, although he wouldn't pose for a picture with it.

As we boarded the tractor for the ride back from the orchard I couldn't help but smile as I looked at my boys, all three of them. I can't imagine life without them. They make me smile more than I ever thought possible. I know I say this often, but I am one lucky lady.

No comments: