Friday, October 21, 2011

Happy Half Birthday to Will!

Has it really been six months since our newest little miracle graced us with his presence? How is it possible that time has gone this quickly? Will continues to grow and astound us every day.

So what has Will been up to as he hits this big six month milestone? Well he has been working hard to balance himself and sit up. He still doesn't quite have it down, but he seems to get better and better at it everyday. He uses his hands to help balance himself, but as soon as he reaches for anything he is down for the count. I think Will needs to really concentrate to sit up, so he wasn't too willing to give me smiles while he sat.

He continues to teeth like crazy. Sophie and his Nuby teething ring have become his new best friends. Max had at least two teeth at this point - thank you past blog post for helping me to remember - but Will's don't seem to be in too much of a hurry to make an appearance. He does LOVE to put everything into his mouth now, and since he is crazy flexible this also includes his feet. I have also noticed that his hand eye coordination has greatly improved over the past month or so. He can grab anything and get it right where he wants it, which usually happens to be in his mouth. He sometimes passes toys between hands.

Will has his six month check up on the third of November, so I will talk to his pediatrician about how I should go about starting solids. Can you tell I'm not too terribly excited about this milestone? To tell the truth Will hasn't really even seemed interested at all until the last week or two, so I don't feel too badly about it. I guess I need to bring up the highchair!

In honor of Will's half birthday we have a friend coming over to take pictures of the boys tomorrow - and maybe a few of Brian and I too. We went to college with LeeAnn and she is just starting a photography business. Her pictures are gorgeous and I can't wait to see her work her magic tomorrow morning. Stay tuned for pictures soon!

No comments: