Friday, August 12, 2011

So Long Summer

Well, today is our last real day of summer vacation. I spent three days at school this week and I'm back completely on Monday - even scarier than that is the fact that Max begins pre-school on Tuesday! I can't believe my little man is growing up so quickly.

We celebrated our last weekday at home - not to mention the beautiful weather - with a trip to the playground before therapy. Max ran around the equipment like a crazy man! He was also super excited because the 'mower men' were at the park. He was enthralled watching them maneuver their equipment this way and that. He watched them pack up and he was so excited when they waved and honked their horns as they drove away. I guess a honk and a wave from a 'mower man' is pretty exciting when you are three.

The weather was so beautiful that I didn't even have to worry about Will getting too hot. I swear it couldn't be a more beautiful day!

Max fell asleep in the car on the way home, so Will and I had some play time on our own. We tried tummy time, but I think it was more just 'lay there and chew on your hands' time. Will did take a hand chewing break long enough to give me a cute little look.

While I'm sad to see our summer come to an end, I'm excited about starting a new school year. I know that Max is going to love pre-school. We had pre-school parent orientation on Wednesday night, but I think it really hit me when Max's backpack arrived in the mail from LL Bean yesterday. Maybe after nap I'll get him to model it. Will is adjusting well to life at Ms. Cheryl's. He isn't doing great with the bottle, but he gets more and more milk down each day. At least he isn't totally boycotting the bottle like Max did!

No comments: