Tuesday, August 16, 2011

First Day of Preschool

Today was a big day in Max's world - it was his first day of pre-school! Max was up bright and early so he had a yummy Cheerio breakfast with mommy. As we sat eating our breakfasts I asked Max if he was excited about school (I love this picture because this is a face he makes all the time wen we ask him questions). We have been talking about school all summer - in fact he and I even spent a morning over there a few weeks ago. Max knew it was coming and every time we would talk to him about it he seemed excited. This morning he was not excited - he just kept saying over and over - no school mommy! All I could think was this is not a good way to start the day.
Since before care doesn't start early enough for me to take Max Brian had to drop him off. I was sure Max would cry and I told Brian he wasn't call me to say that Max was sobbing. I just didn't think I could handle it. As I worked at school my phone rang. . . it was Brian. He was calling to tell me that Max did great! He ran off as soon as Brian dropped him off and didn't even bat an eye as daddy told him goodbye.
I picked Max up after school and he was having a great time. I tried to get him to pose for a picture with his teachers, but he was too busy playing with his new friends. He didn't want to leave, in fact he cried because he didn't want to leave! I'm glad that Max's first day went so well. He is all excited about going to school tomorrow.

No comments: