Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy 4th of July!


What a wonderful holiday it has been! We packed up this morning and headed in to Webster Groves for their annual 4th of July parade. A little rain didn't keep us away! It was the first time Max has been to a parade and it was a huge success! He loved it. He looked so cute on the edge of the sidewalk in his chair waving as the cars drove by and the people walked past. Will slept through most of the festivities, but perked up a bit for the bands. Maybe he is musically inclined . . .

I think Max's favorite part was the horses - the world famous clydesdales even made an appearance! He thought the cars were pretty cool too. Daddy liked the Tootsie Rolls. We shared a little Tootsie Roll with Max too - I think this is actually the first candy he has had and he loved it (as I knew he would, hence why I have tried to delay giving him candy in the first place).

Growing up I would go to parades with my neighbors every holiday and I loved it. I have great memories of sitting in lawn chairs on the side of the road watching everything pass by. I hope to share this with my boys. Hopefully they will grow up to have fun parade memories too.

No comments: