Tuesday, March 17, 2009

My Baby is One!



Or at least he will be tomorrow. . .



I have parent teacher conferences so I won't get to see my little man at all tomorrow night. I will also want to go straight to bed when I get home, so I know I won't be able to blog. We got his pictures back tonight from his one year photo shoot and they turned out really well. I will post some of the pictures throughout, so let us know which ones you like! As I look at how big my little guy is I can't help but think about how much things have changed over the past year. I know that I have just begun my journey of parenthood by I have already learned so much!

I know this is only the tip of the iceberg, but I have learned that . . .



  • those cute little newborn mittens serve a purpose - baby nails are sharp!


  • the boppy and the sleep sheep are non-negotiable, must have items for any family


  • my husband can find deals on anything - last week he found Huggies Supreme diapers for 5 1/2 cents each!



  • babies don't have perfect belly buttons as soon as their cord falls off



  • the only place to find socks that stay on is Walmart




  • washing bottles is no fun




  • Desitin is a must have for every diaper change - and the Target version just isn't the same




  • it is worth splurging on a Pottery Barn bath towel



  • I need to take more pictures



  • there are not enough hours in the day to enjoy my little bit



  • Max and the pets are a lot alike - they like attention and sun spots on the carpet



  • Max's laugh is the most beautiful sound in the world




  • minivan's are helpful even if you only have one child



  • ear infections suck



  • date nights are necessary - thank you Nonna!


  • babies come with a lot of 'stuff' - and they make even more laundry



  • I love nursing Max. It is so wonderful to share that closeness with him and I am sad to see it end (although I was more than happy to quit pumping at work last month)





  • babies live in sleepers - day and night - for the first three months



  • girl clothes are much cuter than boy clothes



  • not knowing Max was a boy until delivery was so worth it! There aren't many surprises in life and this was a wonderful one!



  • there are times when it is okay to let babies cry at night - they will still love you in the morning!



  • you should shower before you go in for an induction. I still don't know why no one told me this! Three days without a shower is inhumane!


  • I will never be able to thank my mom enough - for everything


  • a c-section isn't the end of the world



  • I can be obsessed with poop - how often, what color, and on and on



  • a good day care provider is worth her weight in gold



  • baby colds really suck!



  • a pillow under the mattress helps with the colds



  • each stage is more fun than the one before - at least so far



  • Max is growing up way too quickly





  • sleep is good - whenever you can get it


  • babies spit up - a lot



  • bibs might not be cute - but they sure do come in handy


  • cute baby clothes are too hard to put on - the basics are the best

  • I love onsies - what am I going to do when he gets to big for them?!













            • I Love You Forever always makes me cry, no matter how many times I ready it



            • reading to Max is even more fun that reading aloud to my students



            • never to go anywhere without a burp cloth



            • Cheerios are like baby crack - I know it isn't the most ideal comparison but a friend coined the phrase and it totally fits



            • dirty binkies can work in a pinch


            • EVERY baby is a miracle


            • I love my husband even more now that I see him as a daddy


            • Max is the most amazing little boy on the face of the Earth

            • I am the luckiest woman alive!







            No comments: