Wednesday, November 5, 2008

My Poor Baby

Max has had a very rough week! On Sunday morning he woke up with a little bit of gunk in his eye. After his afternoon nap he had a ton more stuff. Daddy did some research and we guessed that it was probably pink eye. It is super contagious, so we took him to the urgent care center. Our hope was that we could get the drops started and he would only have to miss one day of day care. We took him in and sure enough we have a conjunctivitis boy. It really didn't seem to slow him down and the drops have made a huge difference.

When we were home on Monday Max got really crabby. I couldn't get him to stop crying! I made an appointment with his pediatrician thinking that maybe there was something else wrong. The doctor said that he might just have a bit of a virus, but that there really wasn't anything else wrong. I took her word for it and Max was off to day care yesterday.

This morning he was fussy when I dropped him off and at around 2:30 I got a call that he had a 100+ fever. The sitter gave him a dose of baby Tylenol and Brian picked him up early. I feel so bad for my little man! I knew that something was up. He has not been himself lately and he has been sleeping horribly!

After a dose of baby Tylenol and some love all was right with Max's world. He even posed for a few pictures. His new favorite thing is trying to stand up. He pulls up on this toy all the time. I helped him get up tonight and he loved his new view. He was able to balance holding on all by himself for a while, although I didn't wander too far away as you can see!







He also enjoyed his bath tonight. He loves playing with his toys in the tub. He realizes that he can play with several toys at once if he holds one toy in his mouth. Tonight the duck had the honor. He loves to hold things in his mouth now. He has figured out that all of these crazy teeth can be put to use holding on to things. He plays this game with his spoon all the time. He bites down and we can't get the spoon back out until he starts to giggle.

No comments: