Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Now, that is a smile!


We are officially getting very big and beautiful smiles from our little man. Here is one that I was able to catch on the camera, sorry it is a bit blurry, but he doesn't sit still too well!! He smiles at us all the time - I seem to get the most smiles right before I feed him - I wonder why that could be. . .
It is hard to believe that Max is officially 8 weeks old today. I can't imagine people that have to go back to work at this point - I still can't imagine leaving my little man all day long. It is also hard to imagine going back to work when we are still getting up to feed him during the night. He as been getting four hour stretches in at night, but that still means I am up feeding him at around 2am. Hopefully he will master the whole sleeping through the night thing before I go back to school in August. Unfortunately Brian's leave is just about over. He will head back to work next Monday, so we are trying to make the best of his last week off. I am going to miss him so much! It has been so much fun spending the past two months together getting to know our son.
Max has been a bit congested and since I am a very concerned new mom, I made an appointment to take him to the doctor. We took him in last week and were told that he just has plain old new baby congestion. He did get weighed while he was there, he is now tipping the scales at 11 lbs. Way to grow little guy!!

No comments: