Thursday, May 1, 2008

Field Trip!



Since I am on leave for the remainder of the year, I thought it would be fun to catch up with my kids on a field trip today. So, Max had his first trip to the zoo! Brian and I headed up the zoo to meet the kids for lunch and then we joined a group to walk around for a while. It was a nice day, but then it got pretty windy so we headed home a little early. It was fun to walk around pushing Max in his stroller - I felt like such a mom! Doesn't Max look cute in his new little sun hat?

All of the kids thought Max was the cutest thing ever. I think some of them were more exited about seeing Max than any of the animals! After Brian and I ate we fed Max a bottle, all of the kids were very intrigued. One of my students watched the whole time and let me know when Max was dripping. It was pretty funny. Max was a bit of a messy eater and I had to change his clothes in the restroom - I really need to get the hang of those changing stations things.

After lunch we took a walk through the rivers edge. Max slept through most of this - I think he was catching up on the sleep he didn't get last night. . . He was quite and sweet the whole time. I was a little disappointed that the hippos were not out but we did see a few elephants - or at least part of them!

No comments: