Friday, April 11, 2008

Sleeping Like a Baby


I am not too sure who came up with this saying. I am guessing that Max sleeps like all other babies and it is very sporadic! He has been up most of the day the past couple days and then he sleeps most of the night, except for feedings of course. He continues to amaze me every day.


Last night I was reading him a story - I Love You Forever. Before I was even through the first page I had tears rolling down my cheeks. I think it hit me last night just how much I really do love this little guy. I want to protect him from every pain that he could ever encounter. My mind began realing and all I could think of was all the times Max might get upset. What if he does poorly on a test and thinks he is dumb? What is he is picked last or kickball? What if a mean girl breaks his little heart? When I was reading up on babies during my pregnancy I came across a quote - Having a child is like spending the rest of your life with your heart wandering outside of your body (I know the real quote was much more poetic). It hit me last night just how much this is true. Anything that could ever hurt Max, will just break my heart. I know things will happen to him thoughtout his life and he will grow and learn from them, but I just want to do anything I can to make my little man happy and healthy. I have a new found respect for just how much all of our mothers love us. . .

2 comments:

Love+ Mama said...

Ooh, you gotta watch out for that book. It still makes me cry now an then. But, I do like. Sandra Boyton books are super fun to read.

jenny said...

nathan loves that book too - he asks to read "back and forth." he especially loves the page of the 2 year old acting up - i think it gives him ideas!