Sunday, January 29, 2017

100 Days Smarter


 Our elementary school makes a pretty big deal about the 100th day of school in kindergarten.  I get it - they work really hard all year to understand our number system and how it based on 10's. 

We recieved a note that the kids needed to make something to wear to school that shows 100 of something.  William wasn't so sure at first, but suddenly he had a brilliant idea - gumballs.  Of course he told me I should make sure I buy lots of extras in case we loose some.  Let's just say there may be 585 gumballs in my pantry right now. . .



William and I talked through a plan for his shirt.  He decided that we should count out the gumballs in groups of 10 before we glued them onto his shirt.  He did a great job!  He counted each group out while mom wielded the hot glue gun.  I will admit that this is usually the kind of project I dread - but it was really fun!
.
The morning of the big day he was so excited to wear his creation to school - even though it weighed almost as much as he did.  I was shocked when I picked him up from school and all 100 gumballs were still attached!  A few looked a little rough, but they were still there!

I got this super cute pictures of his class from his amazing teacher.  It is seriously adorable!!

No comments: