Tuesday, May 17, 2016

The Old Oak

Friday night we had just put William and Jack to bed and were in our room reading to Max when we heard a loud crash.  


Never in a million years did I expect to see this.  A huge black oak tree in our back yard fell over. It wasn't storming, there was no wind - it just fell over.




All I can do is thank God that no one was hurt.  It terrifies me to think that just two hours earlier I was playing right there with the boys.



 We knew the tree was old and not in the best of shape, but it had all new growth this season and we never in  a million years thought it would just fall over.  Now that it is down we can see just how unhealthy it was.  The roots are pretty much completely rotten and the entire tree trunk it hallow.

The boys thought it was pretty crazy, although they are sad that they can't play on their playset right now.   I just can't wait until it is all cleaned up and out yard is back to normal!

No comments: