Saturday, May 7, 2016

Max's First Holy Communion

What an incredible day.  This big guy made his first holy communion and it was cause for great celebration.

It warmed my heart to see an overflowing pew of family and friends that were there to see Max receive this special sacrament for the first time.   He is lucky to have these wonderful people in his life!
 

Each pew was marked by a banner made by the child.  Max and I had a great time making his banner a few weeks ago.  I'm not sure what part he enjoyed more - the hot glue gun, or the glitter glue pen.  

Max looked so cute with his prayer hands as he entered church.  Even if his shirt tail was hanging out.  The kids were with us in our pew and I was right behind Max as he received the sacrament. I didn't get a picture of it, but I promise I'll never forget that moment.

 At the end of mass the kids bestowed a blessing on all of their families.  It was super sweet and I'll admit that I shed a tear or two.
After mass we headed to a local restaurant to continue celebrating over Max.  It isn't often that I get a true smile from Max for a picture, so this one with his godmother, Aunt Anna, just melts my heart.

All the grandparents - and even Great Grandma - were there to celebrate too.  Along with aunt, uncles, and lots of cousins.  I'd post all the pictures, but I'd be here all night :)

 And last but not least our little family of five.  It's hard to believe these boys are now eight, five, and three.  They are growing so fast!  I know I'll blink and it will be Will's turn to get his first communion.  I just need to soak it all up!

No comments: