Sunday, May 8, 2016

Mother's Day


How did I get so lucky?  I feel like I ask myself this question all the time and today was no exception.  I love planning fun family outings for Mother's Day and today was was extra fun because Nonna was able to join us too!
 
 We loaded up and headed across the river to our favorite pick your own farm because the strawberries were ready!  It seems a bit early this year, but I'm not complaining!


 Once we were in the fields these guys got right to work.  Will must have asked 50 times if a strawberry was ready while holding up a completely green one.  Jack got the hang of it pretty quickly and loved it!


 Before we knew it Will was finding the best red berries for his bucket - I mean look at that haul!

This guy was all about finding the funny shaped strawberries.  He was telling Nonna all about the star shaped ones he found last year.  Next thing I know he is running over to tell me he found a strawberry with a butt.  Eight year old boy humor at it's finest!

My big boys were too funny showing off their pickings.  When I directed them to take a bite the guy behind them couldn't help but turn around and laugh.  

I loved spending time with my grandma when I was little and it just warms my heart so much to watch my boys spend time with my mom.  


We followed up our afternoon outing with dinner at Nonna and Nonno's house. I couldn't imagine a better way to spend my Mother's Day than with my mom, my hubby, and my boys.  It was a what every Mother's Day should be.

No comments: