Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Party Day for Max

Once again I'm the room mom for Max's class and I can admit that I love every minute of it.  Well maybe not every minute of the prep work, but party day - that's a good time :)

We started out with a snack before making a craft.  Max had a bit of trouble iwth the hands and feet but it turned out so cute!  He also cut a nice chunk out of his shirt in the process. . . But I love seeing his little valentine hanging in our kitchen.


 We played two pretty great games this time around.  The first was a cupid's arrow game where the kids used straws to shoot arrows (qtips) into a target at the end of the room.  It was a huge success - and a lot harder than it looked.

But the highlight of the party had to be this balloon paddle game.  We played music and the kids had to bounce their balloon and stop with just their paddle when the music stopped.  At the beginning Max - and all the other kids took it really seriously.  Then as the game went on they got more and more into it and had so much fun.  I think the moms had even more fun standing on the sidelines and watching.

Max has grown so much this year.  He isn't such a little kid anymore and it kinda breaks my heart.  At the same time it is such a pleasure to watch him grown and gain confidence in himself.  He is more and more willing to try new things and I love watching him interact with his friends.

I count my blessings every day that his intelligent, kind hearted, sensitive soul is ours to raise and love.  How did we get so lucky?!


No comments: